14 February 2008

Valentine's Day

Not St. Valentine, but still pretty cool.


So, this painting here is of St. Sebastian. I used to know why it was he was tied up and shot full of arrows but I have forgotten. The point is that whenever I think of Valentine's Day and Cupid and all that shit this is the image that comes to mind. Maybe it's the loincloth and the arrows but this is what I think of when I hear "valentine".

I remember when I was kid and for Valentine's day we were allowed to make valentines for the other kids, I think I was maybe in first grade. Well, I got this box of valentines cards, the shitty ones. I don't know if they still make them like that because it seems like VD (haha not that VD) has gotten out of hand. Anyway, they were shitty little cards that were in envelopes and I remember that I was adamant about writing on the goddamn envelope and I didn't want my parents to help me. Of course, I wrote "form" instead of "from" on every fucking envelope and was really upset about it. I mean like crying and shit and asking the old man to go get some more so all the kids wouldn't know I fucked all these cards up.

I hate this holiday but I don't want to be one of these motherfuckers who beats up on VD. It's just too goddamn easy. It's like shaking babies.

No comments: