15 May 2009

Booze + Magic Marker + Cardboard = ART

So, my mother in law bought Gavin a huge new swingset that came in these three large cardboard boxes, and since we are having a yard sale, I cut up the boxes to make signs. This naturally progressed until I was in a vortex of vodka fueled creativity where I was churning out little pieces of dark poetry and drawings.


Don't mind her, but she is the whole reason this thing started.


You see, she likes to watch a bunch of stupid fucking reality TV shows on Thursday night and I got bored watching them and started making notes on the excess cardboard I had. I really hate this fashion designer show where a bunch of gay dudes try to become the next greatest fashion guy, or some shit.


Also on the fashion thing has a little gay asian dude who is always wearing hats. This sign is for him.


Then we watched a show where super obese people parade themselves for our amusement. So I made this piece. The script says, "fat people should maybe all get in a Zyklon B shower and then have other fat people put them in ovens", kind of like a holocaust for fat people? A fattercaust?


This next one is on the fattercaust box. I don't really feel this way, but I really liked the juxtaposition of realizing that people are sometimes unfortunate enough to become poor, or homeless, or super obese, and then just saying that the solution to these problems is to just eliminate those people.



I don't drink Coors, but I could see this scene play out in many homes in America.


I could also see this happening in some kind of weird mash-up between Tim and Eric and real life.


Disturbing.


I think I may like this one best. I like the serene look the guy has as the bullet rips through his head.


Navel gazing self loathing.



GRIPPPPRRRRR.


Lately, I have been appending the suffix "les" to everything. Foodles, Shittles, Boobles.


Truth.

No comments: