02 July 2009

It Starts Eyes Closed, Fingers Crossed











Flowers fucking rule.




Some views of the mountains up Archangel Trail.


A view of the valley below.


I'm goddamn proud of this kid.

Check this out. I've been silent about a bunch of shit, but fuck it, I'm just enough drunk to blog. The above pictures were taken of the oh so short summer here in Alaska. This one has been pretty sweet: High temperatures, clear skies, no hassle, etc. It is reminiscent of the first time I visited Alaska and decided, "Fuck, this place ain't so bad." Anyway, there are flowers and then the hiking trip.

We went up to Hatcher's Pass in the Mat-Su valley and hiked up this trail that I can't remember the real name but it was Archangel Pass or some shit, it was cool. We had this great idea to take the stroller for the kids but about a half mile up the trail the terrain is so fucked up we have to ditch the stroller so the kids have to walk/we carry them.Gavin, however, is up to the fucking challenge. He hikes way the fuck up this trail, up to this goddamn hill that is giving Felicia and I problems, and when we ask him if he wants to turn back, he answers, "No. I want to go up there."

Finally, we decide to turn back because he won't admit it, but the kid looks fatigued. Anyway, I forgot what the fuck I was going to say, but hey, I love my first born, especially since he's adopted a "can do" attitude. Fuck.

I only have children in order to ensure the survival of my DNA.

No comments: