21 June 2010

Beyond the Rubicon


Literary genius right here.

It was Father's Day today. If you don't know, it's fucking hard to have kids, if you do it right. Sure, you could be one of those permissive shithead parents who let their kids do what the fuck ever and then you have to pay for all those goddamn Adderall scripts and make excuses for why your kid is a fucktard, but real motherfuckers know that you have to be a total hardass all the time for you kids to turn out right.

I've been working outside on the yard lately and have been totally exhausted after I'm done. I can't imagine how my old man worked 10 or 12 plus hour days at some goddamn hard physical labor and still came home and was a father and how he did this for his entire life. He knew what the fuck it took to raise kids correctly and he knew he had to work his ass off to make sure those goddamn kids got fed and he still did it.

Motherfucker was hard. I have to give big respect to the old bastard because he raised his family in terrible conditions, work and otherwise, and did what he had to do. Shit, I wish he was still around to help me with this shit.


Miss you, Pop.

No comments: