27 November 2009

YULENESS!


Christmas trees in the bathtub.


All snowy and shit.



Setting up the festive atmosphere with gingerbread houses and decorated trees.


Spreading some love to the cephalopods.


The goddamn dog is never looking at the camera when I am.


This is the reason I get up in the morning.

I love the holiday season. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I'm not really sure why, but I always loved the tree and the gifts and the all that shit. I remember being the kid who loved to decorate the tree, wrap presents, and, even though I never ever believed in Santa and was the kid who told other kids that Santa wasn't real, I loved unwrapping shit on Christmas morning, despite having already guessed the contents of the gifts. The consumerism isn't the point, it's the principle of the holiday: In the dead of winter, we give shit to other people to feel good/not kill ourselves because the SunGod has forsaken us. It doesn't matter what the gift is, it's the giving/receiving/interaction that matters.

I hate the Black Friday crowd and this year, they did not disappoint.

No comments: