09 May 2011

Ben and George Discuss a Galtian Exodus








I have been enjoying Curtis White's The Middle Mind lately. It reminds me how, in one of my undergrad courses, I wanted to do some research on stupidity, or how people could be so willfully ignorant, contradictory, and self-defeating. I tried to find some previous research that studied this phenomenon but there wasn't any, not even in politically correct constructs. I asked my professor and he too, couldn't find anything remotely similar. It was strange to me that this fundamental aspect of human nature had no empirical studies measuring it. So, I was forced to pick a different area to study for lack of previous literature on which to base my study of stupidity. I should probably go back to that, maybe. 

After all, it's not like the world lacks for fools.

No comments: