13 September 2008

NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS!!!!!

The only way that anyone should ever attempt to deal with mathematics: partially liquored up and reams of paper handy.

Another copy of my notes from class/the textbook.



Brushing up on some basic integrals in the back of my masterful textbook, Calculus: Early Transcendentals, Sixth Edition by James Stewart.


Yeah, I arranged my empties in a crude representation of a sine wave and then stood on a chair to take a picture. What of it?

Yeah, I can't stand nerds and find myself in the unlucky position of being one. I ameliorate my nerdness by drinking heavily and having sex regularly (ewwww) but it's still there. Look, I like things like this. I like mathematics. I like knowing what a bunch of meaningless (to the general public) symbols represent. It makes me feel good, like I'm better than everyone else, like I'm in the "know".

As far as understanding the whole thing, I like to keep it in perspective. If a celibate dude living in 17 century England can just "invent" calculus, then I feel fairly certain that a dude with two kids and a substance abuse problem can figure out what is going on, whilst under the influences of a hangover and kids screaming in his ear.

Word.

No comments: