24 December 2009

In This Moment I Am Happy


Someone's happy about all the holiday shit.


With care


Naked but Oblivious


Excitement


Double Excitement



Attention


Oooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!


Planets and Lightning McQueen


That's my shit!


Back the fuck up off me.


Santa and Mrs. Claus


Allahu Akbar, Bismallah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem


Recycle that shit.

I have spoiled ass children. We had Christmas one day early for the turds. I should say that we are more like Jews because we have about a week of gift giving and shit, but we have none of the meaning with it.

We have spent too much money on consumerism this holiday season, like we always do, and, I remember something my mother told me once when I was being an ungrateful fucking ass. She told me a story about how she had grown up really poor and that all the shit we were fretting about was meaningless because when she was a kid, she was thankful if she got some fruit wrapped up in a goddamn paper bag for Christmas. The implied lesson was that if poor people can be happy with fruit, then your ass better be thankful for the goddamn Nintendo game that was under the tree.

My parents, who have been dead these past seven? and six? years may not have known and certainly would not have accepted the fact that they were Bodhisattvas. Both of them suffered and, while both (especially my mother) were pretty dogmatic with respect to Christianity, they understood suffering and wanted us (their children) to be free from suffering. As such, they gave all of us, me in particular, some good teachings as to how to overcome suffering.

You all should google Thich Nhat Hahn, and pay special attention to his you tube shit. He will help you alleviate your suffering.

No comments: