22 July 2007

June 22

That's right, it's Pi Approximation Day. Aside from that I have been busying myself with The Onion's A.V. Club, which is a great site for anyone who has utter contempt for pop-culture. The interviews and entertainment reviews are pretty good but my favorites are The A.V. Club blog, The Hater and The Tolerability Index. Spoiler Alert: If you like reality T.V. or are a fan of the new Transformers movie or Avril Lavigne, the wonderful writers at The A.V. Club will hate on these things with extreme prejudice. I love it because not only do the critics review the movies, songs and shows but there is a comment section in which users can hate on the drivel that is constantly being produced by Hollywood. I feel great when I read things like that because I don't feel so alone in my hatred. One of my absolute favorites is when a user who used to work at Blockbuster relates one of his favorite overheard customer comments, "IT must be good, look how many copies they got." Classic.

No comments: