09 May 2008

Movies Fucking Rule

Fuck beans.

I remember once when my mother asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up and I answered that I wanted to be a hit man. I was young and she told me something to the effect that "you don't want to be a hit man, you have no idea what you are saying". I always thought that she never knew what I was talking about and she didn't appreciate the cold, detached, calculations that a hired killer must have in order to ply his trade.

I watched No Country For Old Men tonight, and watching Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh, as he goes around and fucking destroys everyone, I stand by my previous statement. This guy was the most badass character I've seen in a movie since Taxi Driver, or maybe Kurtz in Apocalypse Now. I've always had mad respect for the guys who were principled and ruthless in their application of justice. The guys who are out in the filth and still cling to some kind of absolute value system have always piqued my interest. Call me wrong, and you will, but if I had a division of these men this war would be over in a year.

No comments: